What Makes Us Different
- We are genuinely always looking for how we can make a difference to people’s quality of life.
- Lifestyle, our highly – praised activity service created and run by an experienced teacher and her team.
- Specialist training. Some examples include: autistic spectrum disorder, intensive interaction, safe-swallowing, posture, PEG, pressure care, epilepsy, blind awareness, the causes and consequences of disabilities, experiential training
- We employ a physiotherapist
- We employ a teacher
- We employ a speech and language therapist
- We employ a communication specialist
- Within our service there is a wide range of specialist equipment to cater for the specific needs of the individuals we support. For example, a specialist walking harness which allows an upright ‘walking position’ for people who use wheelchairs. This is used for creative dance as well as physiotherapy
- Our staff teams are highly trained and motivated. Dalesview is accredited to ‘Investors in People’ and recently qualified for the ‘Gold’ standard. Only 3% of care organisations in the UK have achieved this award.