We are looking for a Part Time Activity Care Worker. You will be required to work 20 hours a week (exact hours to be discussed) and will be required to travel between our services in Clayton Le Woods, Chorley and Leyland plus activity centres to carry out your duties.
At Dalesview much effort, thought and hard work goes into doing something that is really very simple. That is enabling people to have the most fulfilling lives possible; supported with respect, caring attitudes and understanding. This includes enabling them to enjoy activities such as swimming, cycling, carriage riding, yoga and much more. We are looking for a fun, enthusiastic activity care worker with strong administration skills to facilitate this. So if you genuinely want to make a difference, and can see the person rather than the disability we’d love to hear from you.
What will you be responsible for as our Activity Care Worker?
- Helping to develop and run activity sessions both large and small including sensory drama, music, art/craft, gardening, hydro, and sensory story.
- Monitoring activities and ensuring appropriate records are completed including writing detailed reviews.
- Reviewing and updating communication guides / one-page profiles.
- Monitoring completion of behaviour observation records.
- Planning and the delivery of communication and activity training in services, including the signing group.
- Supporting communication and lifestyle input in annual client reviews.
- The creation and distribution of lifestyle/communication bulletin.
- Organising and maintaining activity equipment.
What makes you our ideal Activity Care Worker?
- Knowledge of and ability to understand the needs of people with severe learning disabilities, including communication needs.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of person-centred approach to care and positive behaviour support.
- Knowledge and understanding of autism.
- Excellent communication skills with written to A-Level English standard and the ability to work within a team.
- Good literacy, IT and organisational skills with a flexible and creative approach.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Full drivers licence.
- An understanding of CQC requirements.
Please note that a DBS check will be required. It’s a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in regulated activity to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with that particular group (i.e. adults at risk, children or both).